Acupuncture treatment forms the basis of a holistical health care system that has been in practice in China for the past 4000 years. Currently, a growing body of scientific evidence supported by research emphasises its beneficial role in alleviating pain, supporting the immune system, promoting circulation, and relaxing the nervous system.
Acupuncture involves the gentle and painless insertion of very fine, single-use, sterile needles into specific pressure points on the body.
These points reside on the meridian system and are used to regulate areas of deficiency or toxicity which manifest as blockages in the nervous system. It is these blockages that impact on the natural expression of cells, causing disease, ill health and pain.
By stimulating points specific to an individual’s body needs, acupuncture can be effective in alleviating your health condition to maximise quality of life.
As a natural form of health care, acupuncture:
- Provides drug free treatment
- Has very few (if any) side effects
- Treats the underlying cause of disease and illness as well as the symptoms
- Provides an holistic approach to the treatment of disease, illness and pain patterns
- Assists in prevention against disease and illness as well as the maintenance of general well being.