Congratulations! You’re about to experience something truly incredible to add to your “getting well and healthy” regime. The big question is – are you ready? If you have already purchased your medicinal sachets then you are one step closer to experiencing the most potent and effective foot soaks in the world. We have partnered with some of the best Herbalists worldwide to bring you the best combination of Chinese herbs sourced from Tibet to help enhance circulation, general health, energy and improve aches and pains. Please follow the steps below to proceed and please remember temperatures and volumes are a rough guide and need to be accommodated for the individuals needs:
- Choose a basin or bucket- you will need a container that is large enough to accomodate both of your feet to soak until about ankle depth. The cheapest and easiest is a large tupperware container or a laundry basket without holes in the sides so yu can fill with water. You can also purchase from Amazon or Ebay buckets specifically designed for soaking feet or if you want to splash out you can buy an appropriate foot spa.
- Prepare the medicinal infusion- bring water to boil in a large stainless steel or enamelled cast iron pot on the stove. (NB: if you are using a tupperware container for the soaking use roughly 2L water, or if using a foot bucket or foot spa use roughly 3L water). Once the water is boiling, add one or two medicinal sachets as prescribed, reduce the heat and cover the pot. Let simmer gently for 30mins.
- Reduce the medicinal infusion to a proper soaking temperature. This is so crucial to avoid any burns or injuries. Heat activates the herbs so the soak needs to be between 43-45 degrees celsius ie 110-113 fahrenheit (NB: warmer than 45.5 degrees will burn the skin so do not go any higher than this. It is important to do the first soak at 40 degrees celsius then work your way up with subsequent soaks to the 43-45 degree mark to avoid burning. Also do not do soaks near children or animals). To quickly reduce the temperature of the medicinal infusion to the appropriate temperature add cool water to your basin (Roughly 4L to the tupperware or 6L if bucket or foot spa according to the size. Please add water slowly and check the temperature accurately with a cooking thermometer as a few degrees here or there can cause burns). It is best to pour the hot medicinal infusion into the bath with the cool water but you may want to do a little of the cool water first and top up at the end to bring the temperature to the right degree). It is important to note that for some people 43-45 degrees Celsius will feel too hot when first doing soaks so best to start at 40 degrees and aim to work up to to the 43-45 degree mark over time as you continue doing more soaks.
- Double check the temperature of your soak with an instant cooking thermometer. Especially if you have neuropathy or limited sensation in your feet then it is recommended to do a soak at 40 degrees celsius or 105 fahrenheit and slowly work your way up over time as your circulation improves with subsequent soaks. Its always a good idea to test the 40 degrees with your elbow/hand to make sure it is still not too hot for your needs.
- Sit down and soak- it is best to do away from distraction such as TV and using the computer etc. Take the time to enjoy some time to yourself and meditate or enjoy light conversation.
- Soak for 30mins, and to maintain the optimum temperature you can add hot water but remember to take your feet out before adding the water and then check the temperature before putting your feet back in.
- Enjoy the benefits! Benefits reported by others include improved sleep, reduced pain, enhanced circulation, improved mood, and many others.